The Circ-us Project targets at delivering social circus trainings via circus pedagogy, as well as courses on turkish, music, break dance and fine arts to 50 non-schooled Syrian children and 50 local children/youth living in and around Mardin for 4 days a week during the span of 7 months semester and in doing so, contributing to the integration of children and youth to each other and the society. These cultural and artistic trainings will not only support mutual integration of children but also helps them with their personal and social development.
Goals and objectives:
• Facilitating the adaptation of Syrian children to social life in Turkey and to the Turkish national education system by teaching them Turkish
• Mutual cohesion of Turkish and Syrian children through cultural and artistic activities and establishing friendly ties in between
• Helping Turkish and Syrian children to learn each other’s cultures
• By assigning voluntary tasks to the parents of Syrian and local children in shows and trainings, supporting them to feel and become more socially beneficial in their new environments and hence with their integration to Turkey.
• Organization of circus trainings by volunteer circus trainers and professionals coming from different countries of the world and strengthening the basis for volunteerism
• Further developing the social circus pedagogy trainings of Sirkhane which were already organized and repeated in 2014, 2015 and 2016
• Provision of an alternative training opportunity to displaced Syrian children who have a very difficult and limited access to training and education